Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Meemy-meme

That picture yesterday looks like the fruits of a weekend spent castrating clowns. Don't you think? Really they're juggling balls I made for the elementary school's juggling club. Balloons filled with millet. Anyway. Here's a meme that MotherReader tagged me with. I would do it on Pink Me, but then I couldn't talk about drugs and multicolored scrotums. Scrota?

What were you doing five years ago?

2003? That's easy. Unpacking boxes while WAITING for Zhou to be born. He was born June 3 - two weeks late and induced. We moved into this house May 7. I was large and psychotic. I mowed the entire lawn with the weedwhacker because we didn't have a lawnmower yet.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

1. Roast a chicken
2. Start taking pictures with my brand new long-awaited Nikon D40 as soon as the battery charges
3. Pick up Mao and Small Batch from school
4. Shower*
5. Score*

What are five snacks you enjoy?
Flaming Hot Cheetos
Pickled okra
Real licorice
Gummy bears
The other half the bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
Buy the school a science teacher
Buy every school a science teacher
Live in Africa half the year
Not clean
Pitch in with George Soros

What are five of your bad habits?

Too much time on the computer
Being the last to get up in the morning
Getting all OCD on the dishwasher
Gossip
Driving with my eyes crossed just to see how long I can do it without crashing into something*

What are five places where you have lived?
Baltimore
Cleveland
New York City
Provincetown
Soledad*

What are five jobs you have had?
Dishwasher
Director of marketing at an insurance finance company
Artist's model
Assistant editor at a medical publishing company
Special Collections Manager at the American Museum of Natural History

What five people do you want to tag?
AH, who doesn't do these things
Heidi, who might
Lori, payback for those 106 books (which was actually pretty interesting)
mb, because I'm curious
and ACW, because I haven't had enough profanity in my day yet*

*that is a lie

8 comments:

  1. I was so impressed that after all your other to-dos you were still going to score, and then you admitted it was a lie! I'm disappointed ...

    E-Rah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were you doing five years ago?
    Not much. Working f/t and going to grad school at night. Pretty much no life.

    What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

    1. Walk the dog.
    2. Go for a run.
    3. Wash my new business casual clothes.
    4. File a 311 report to complain about my neighbor's trash pile.
    5. Play Guitar Hero.

    What are five snacks you enjoy?
    1. wings
    2. beer
    3. Doritos
    4. string cheese
    5. red wine

    What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
    1. buy an island
    2. have a live-in masseuse
    3. buy a private jet
    4. leave carbon footprints all over
    5. build a wall around Baltimore

    What are five of your bad habits?

    1. answering memes
    2. answering my phone
    3. answering e-mail
    4. watching reality tv
    5. Guitar Hero

    What are five places where you have lived?
    1. Mt. Vernon
    2. Hampden
    3. Lakeside
    4. Butchers Hill
    5. Pigtown

    What are five jobs you have had?
    1. oyster shucker
    2. bussing tables
    3. waiting tables
    4. fund broker
    5. technical writer

    What five people do you want to tag?
    No one. I care enough about my friends to not meme them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yess. This is an interesting one.

    And Thailand is sooooo beautiful. My husband and I vowed to return to live there some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well as you know, Eric and A, whenever a stay-at-home mom isn't looking for drugs, she's polluting the Internet with a meme.

    Enjoy your day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like putting the shower on the to-do list. That's speaking as someone who is more routinely skipping showers these days. Boy the extra time that buys me - love it.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, I was unaware that your word, "tag" was a tag for a meme. I will get crackin' on this post haste.

    -acw

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACW, you are sending me cookies and a book - that gets you off the hook on the meme thing now and forever.

    If I ever forget and tag you again, just remind me: "Bergers. Book. Bite me."

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you like cheetos, you MUST try them with old bay. it's the new summer taste sensation... but it is a DIY project.

    ReplyDelete