Monday, May 12, 2008

Give me an issue, I'll give you a tissue


Balls, originally uploaded by your neighborhood librarian.


Now, I don't review children's books on this blog anymore, after repeated complaints (Jaime, Juliet, some rude anonymous namecalling commenter) and after realizing I could maybe make a buck or two if I stuck all the reviews in the same place and cleaned up the language.

So I review all the little kiddie books, the bigger kiddie books, the books about sharing and the books about colors and numbers, over on Pink Me. I even review the books about how to deal with it when your big brother has autism. And I leave you Your Neighborhood Librarian readers to your hard drugs and your fetish behavior. You're welcome.

But this morning's crop of new books was, I thought, noteworthy even for you cynical glue-sniffing bastards. This morning's new book cart covered depression, head lice, physical handicap, cancer, and strabismus.

Strabismus! (No, it's not a new way to do anal - get your head out of... wherever... and go look it up.)

4 comments:

  1. And we really do appreciate a blog without children's books where it is ok to say cunt every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may not surprise you to learn that I know what strabismus means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime I can totally see you with a cute lil' eyepatch... but the question is, how familiar are you with head lice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not personally familiar with head lice, but I used to have a roommate who was an elementary school teacher and I checked her head for lice on more than one occasion when there were outbreaks at her school.

    ReplyDelete