Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A few things I haven't had to deal with



My friend Aimee was sitting on the floor one day putting on her boots. As she picked one up, she felt something shift inside it. As all boot-wearing mamas know, kids love to put Hot Wheels cars, sidewalk chalk, and walkie-talkies in boots, so she sighed and upended the boot, expecting a piece of train track or a handful of crayons to fall out. Not expecting a live mouse, anyway. She and the mouse looked at each other for a second, then the mouse ran away. She turned to the two cats watching from the bed and gestured futilely toward the fleeing mouse. "What do I PAY you two for?!" she yelled in disgust.

My friend Juliet was at the SuperFresh the other day, picking up the peanut butter and the contraceptives, when she passed a dad with a full cart and three kids. He had a 6-year-old with him, a baby in the baby part of the cart, and a toddler in with the groceries. All of a sudden the toddler threw up. All over the groceries and out the bottom of the cart. Juliet had her own kids with her, so she made a "Yikes" face at the dad and got the hell out of there.

My friend [name redacted 'cause would YOU want the whole world to know you have IBS?] has IBS because she refuses to eat anything with a square cell structure.

I haven't had to deal with a supernatural Japanese hair-cutting monster.

4 comments:

  1. What kind of food has square cell structure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least she realized there was something in the boot before she put her foot in there. I've only pulled toy mice out of my shoes (so far) but I never find them before my foot does. yow.

    and that puke thing? UGH. I couldn't even begin to figure out what to do in that situation. This is why I can't have kids. I would just freak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha... I've been there! You leave the cart, grab the kid, and run! ;-)

    ReplyDelete