Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We could be heroes


SpeedMan, originally uploaded by your neighborhood librarian.

Who is that?
That's me!
And what superhero are you being?
SpeedMan!
And what is your power?
To run really fast in the woods and then turn into a lantern and then hang from a tree and my arms and legs are in the lantern and when I hear the bad guy I stick my legs out and touch my belly to the bad guy and sting him and the bad guy who didn't get stinged runs away and the bad guy who did get stinged just lays there and goes
"Aaaugh! aaugh! aaugh!"

And who's this bad guy, what's his name? A-Hole?
No, he's Black Hole! A-Hole must be his brother. And we don't have an A-Hole around here so we'll have to make one out of LEGO.

6 comments:

  1. My favorite superhero story actually comes from a conference. They were doing one of those stupid getting to know you exercises where everybody has to tell something about themselves. This one was "If you were a superhero, what would your power be?" My friend Michelle, looking completely serious, says, "I'd have the power to make anyone shit their pants ... you know, I could stop a criminal that way!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow man, your friend Michelle is hard core! That's the kind of thing you wish you could come up with at a damn corporate retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, I spent three days trying to figure out what bothered me about that picture, and I think I finally put my finger on it: why does Speedman need a horse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps Speedman just saved the horse from impending doom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He says he has the horse, "Just because if someone takes away SpeedMan's power."

    Clearly he is familiar with the predictable crises of superhero life. I, er, don't know where he gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this kid should be Superman's agent. I mean, why not have a pistol tucked into your boot for when Lex Luthor whips out that inevitable piece of kryptonite?

    ReplyDelete