Monday, January 28, 2008

All you fascists are bound to lose


heartthrob, originally uploaded by your neighborhood librarian.

This one, the one who's eating his soup with a fork, talked me into buying him a black camouflage hoodie over the weekend. And matching cargo pants. He looks like he's just been released from Central Booking, and he's in first grade.

Oh but who am I kidding? With that long hair and the missing front teeth, he looks totally cool in that outfit. Ordinarily, they look a little homeless - almost all their clothes are hand-me-downs, which explains this green sweatshirt from a preschool with which we have no affiliation, and I let them pick out their own clothes, which explains combos like this one.

A bunch of us moms are kind of against camouflage. Speaking for myself, I just don't like little kids dressing up like soldiers. And it seems violent. I can't actually put my finger on what I find distasteful about it, and I think that's why I caved on that hoodie. That, plus it was six bucks at Old Navy.

1 comment:

  1. I think there's something sickening about little children dressed up as soldiers.

    It is marginally less sickening to think of it as though they're dressed up as hunters.

    ReplyDelete