Friday, October 05, 2007

Poetry Friday - Haiku for my family edition


hosted this week by whimsy

Watching my little boy eat crackers at Red Canoe
How finely he is
put together; tiny bones
surmounted by skin.

On my husband's birthday (a collaborative work)
Give him what he wants:
a six-pack and Matt Damon
movies (you pervert).

After school, after after-care, after playing, after more playing - a six year old's evening
Sweaty and wild-eyed,
you are so ready for bed.
Fumes rise off your head.

2 comments:

  1. Your website is blocked by my library's web filter due to "Potentially Damaging Content"...Just what are you fomenting here?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY?? Wow... my sister in law at Fisher Price can't get it at work but I think that's cause of all the swearing.

    huh.

    ReplyDelete