Saturday, October 06, 2007

Men who torture, murder and rob


BIG spider, originally uploaded by your neighborhood librarian.

Nobody knows what this giant spider is. I've had it posted on the "ID, Please" group on Flickr for a week. Almost 2 inches toe to toe, found on Mr. Four's Dora the Explorer lawn chair.

Also, I've decided that whenever somebody asks how I know something, I'm going to answer, "Prison."

"Where'd you learn to cook?"
"Prison."

"Why do you know so much about the publishing industry?"
"I was in prison."

"How come you know all about plate tectonics?"
"Prison."

Try it yourself!


Jeane Kirkpatrick obviously learned everything she knew in prison. When I am sixty, I want to have that face. And that suit.


9 comments:

  1. I think it's some kind of wolf spider. 'Course, I'm no arachnophile, but that's what I learned in prison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google image search "wolf spider". I found this baby that way. http://tinyurl.com/2ubb29

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also going to suggest wolf spider. I used to see these from time to time in my old house. They're big enough to make you think twice about hitting them... Because of the stain they might potentially make afterwards. Another inmate told me her secret to getting rid of them, vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think it's a wolf spider too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a wolf spider, but I haven't seen any pictures that look *exactly* like this one.

    By the way, this fucker actually jumped onto my leg and ran around and up and down me when I was trying to take his/her picture, and I did not pee myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I came here to suggest wolf spider too. My husband bug-sprayed one with so much spray we thought it would immediately flop over dead. Nope. That thing kept on crawling and doing that weird, f'in' scary hop thing they do. Armageddon's coming and these things will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm... I was going to suggest going to whatsthatbug.com to find out, but it looks like you already have your answer. They were the ones that told me that my scorpions in the bathroom aren't poisonous but that our recluse spiders in the attic are. Very helpful. heh.

    PS I found you through the Slob group on flickr. I need to see what kind of librarian has pink hair. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scorpions! Holy crap!

    Scorpions? Wow.

    ReplyDelete