Thursday, May 17, 2007

"I'm a vociferous reader"

Dude, me too.

The Sun's article on the new EPFL super-branch on Eastern Ave. Outside reading area, large manga and anime collection, cafe, and drive-thru. And maybe that lady can look up "vociferous" in one of its many dictionaries.

Plus, I missed this gem the first time I read through the article:

Virginia Wenth, 22, with her son 17-month-old son Daeshawn Hope in a
stroller, huddled in the DVD section. She selected "Elmo's Potty Time" for
Daeshawn."I haven't been to the library in a long time, so I wanted to get back
into reading," Wenth said. "And I want to teach him that reading -- there's
nothing wrong with it."

Well, nothing wrong with it that a lifetime of TV and poor nutrition can't fix. (Sorry, I was channeling Anger Hangover there for a second.)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe she made that statemnt to the reporter in a VERY LOUD voice.....in which case, she in fact may be vociferous and a reader (and thus.....)

    I think she meant to say "veracious" (sp?), though. Gotta love The Sun....they never edit out the quotes from the peeps. Outsiders could learn a lot about Balmer accents, grammar usage, etc. by reading that paper.

    I remember, when I first got here, hearing my waitress refer to cole slaw as "cold slaw". I was like, "huh????" Pat's aunt recalls someone referring to the "african her trunk" (of her car) when referring to a crocheted afghan that she was donating to the Red Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well, nothing wrong with it that a lifetime of TV and poor nutrition can't fix."

    That comment was so very Batman of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if she had been picking up a BOOK for Daeshawn, we might for one second believe her.

    ReplyDelete