Wednesday, May 30, 2007

8 facts

Wendy from Notes from the Windowsill got me with the 8 Things Meme. Heck, I'll bite. It's my first.

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Hard to say what to put on this list - my habits are mostly in the compulsive brand loyalty arena. I'm like James Bond that way (yeah just keep telling yourself that), his Sea Island cotton shirts being analogous to my Eddie Bauer mom t-shirts, I guess.

Besides the incessant swearing, I mean that's a habit, but anyone who's ever found themselves on this page or met me or, probably, flown overhead in a plane, knows about that one.

So here goes:

Fact: My favorite new word is "man-panty." It was coined by my husband when describing why he needs new swim trunks.

Habit: My favorite breakfast is leftover rice, plain yogurt, and Indian pickle.

Habit: I call my children "poodle".

Non-habit: I don't watch TV. Shave things. Or wear makeup, match my socks, iron, smoke dope, or change the litter box. (Two of these things I miss - guess!)

Fact: You could produce a blank, horrified stare on my face by saying "How about camping?" or by discussing shaving vs. waxing vs. Nair vis a vis one's bikini area. I got that same look when the "man-panty" thing came up.

Fact: Can't bake.

Fact: Scared of heights.

Habit: I spend money on bras, moisturizer, rice, shampoo, coffee, and perfume, but I buy cheap-ass cars, plants, soap, nail polish, beans, and pool toys. Fancy beer, the good canned tomatoes, organic chicken and shoes - I wait til they go on sale.

I tag:
Life O'Jaime
garish and tweed
Anger Hangover (who will probably kill me)
missing dust jacket
snaggletooth
SeanCJackson
and his DW: PumpkinSpice Knits
Strange Librarian

3 comments:

  1. Kill you?? Oh come on now. I love everyone. Mostly. Sometimes. So rather than kill you, I will respond to your Meme thing here:

    1. I must have a clean kitchen and sparkling bathrooms at all times.

    2. I leave very generous tips for bartenders if the service is good.

    3. Habit = Wikipedia.

    4. I can watch 'Goodfellas' in a loop and never tire of it.

    5. I like big butts and I can not lie.

    6. Fact = Memes are difficult.

    7. I prefer salty over sweet in all things, including personalities.

    8. Some of my friends are Democrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I totally agree.

    With 2, 6, 7, and 8. My kitchen and bathrooms are worse than some truckstops. According to my ex-husband, anyway.

    In fact, I so agree with 8 that I am not doin enny more of these things. Til someone tags me with "8 Things You Have In Common With James Bond" anyway. You and I would have different things on that list. Me: fencing. You: bikini appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6! I so agree with 6! God I'm an idiot.

    ReplyDelete