Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No sleep til Koco's


01 11 07 007

We went to the roadhouse around the corner the night we got back from vacation. The only way to get seated was to take 2 tall two-tops. The kids are comfortable enough at that place and know how to behave in restaurants, so we let them have their own table and Bob and I had a chance to talk to each other at dinner. Nice!

In fact, they were so well-behaved that Bob joked to me, "Hell, next time let's just give 'em a credit card and send 'em over here."

I look at this picture and I think: It's going to seem like no time has passed when we see them sitting here drinking from pint glasses instead of plastic juice cups. It will be amazing. I hope they get along well enough in 15 years to have a beer together.

8 comments:

  1. Koco's. Wings. Mmmmm. I've had umm like one or two cocktails and buffalo wings while living over that way. I've also spent some time sitting at that two-top before. I recognize the picture in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither of them will be old enough in 15 years to have a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jaime, it's 18, right? oh wait I guess not. well, fuck, 18 years from now sounds like a long time. I take back what I said.

    AH, you lived HERE and you moved to Pigtown? What ails you girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I lived on Kentucky Ave on Lake Montebello. I was a "renter" back then. Couldn't afford to actually buy over there. Alas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kentucky Ave, I would love to have a lake view. When I read that, I actually made an involuntary kind of ouch sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah. It hurts. It was a sweet house that we actually had the option to buy. Ten years ago, a 155K mortgage was way out of the financial question!

    Kicking myself here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Koco's I really believe was the source of that miserable stomach bug that ripped through my family. Those damn dirty toys...

    ReplyDelete
  8. mama I'm so sorry to hear you guys got The Barfys and I'm REALLY sorry to hear you might have licked em up at Koco's. We would be totally screwed some nights if it weren't for Koco's.

    ReplyDelete