Saturday, December 23, 2006

Big Night


Ready to make vegetarian lasagna

Well if you feel like going all out on a big delicious vegetarian thing while you have a few days off, you could do a lot worse than this vegetarian lasagna that I made yesterday.

I combined a few different recipes, and "saved time" by using no-boil lasagna noodles from Barilla. It took me about 4 hours to prep all the layer ingredients (but that can be done a couple days ahead), then it was about a half hour to assemble, and it's in the oven for about an hour.

The major components are a mushroom bechamel sauce, marinara sauce, ricotta, sliced mushrooms, and asparagus, though next time I think I'll use spinach, chopped and wilted and maybe mixed with a little ricotta.

Went over really well, and even the kids tried it because it smelled good and came out nice and browned and bubbly. You'll have to take my word for it: although I took pictures of all the steps, when it was finished, I completely spaced.

It's kind of a big long recipe, so if you want it, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment