Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Aim for the flat-top!"

Sent along by the beeyoutificus Jen, all the way from the frozen wastes of Maine:
Gozer the Traveler! He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldronaii, the Traveler came as a large and moving Torb! Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the Last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him, that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day, I can tell you!
Just to remind us all of the genius that is Ghostbusters.

An old friend had this theory that all of Ghostbusters was one big addled, guilty homage to Belushi by Ackroyd. He had all kinds of details that supported his theory, like Ackroyd smoking and looking unkempt, but the principle strut of his argument was the fat, white, angry Stay-Puft marshmallow man. Look:


See the eyebrows? Huh?

Related: NYTimes Mag this weekend was all about the comedy. Writing about comedy, ech, like Lou Reed said, it's like singing about architecture. And Will Ferrell was on the cover. He may be funny but I don't wanna look at him. Anyway, they asked a whole bunch of people (but not me, my phone must have been turned off) what 5 comedy movies they'd take to a desert island. If they'd gotten thru this is what I would have said:
I know that's seven, but what else are editors for?

Only 2 by ex-Saturday Night Live guys. 3 if you count Baron Haden-Guest. Young Frankenstein, Beetlejuice, and Zoolander didn't make it only because I've seen them so many times already. And I love The Royal Tenenbaums but I don't know how often I could watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment